Counselors will initiate contact with students regarding the following:
- Yearly course selections, including necessary schedule adjustments
- Academic problems upon referral from parents, teachers, or students
- Non-academic problems relating to attendance, discipline, etc., upon referral from administration, parents, or students
Counselors will respond to requests from students, parents, and teachers in dealing with personal conflicts or concerns and make referrals if necessary.
Counselors will communicate with students and parents regarding college admissions, admissions testing, and financial aid information in the following ways:
- Home/Counselor bulletins
- Email/Letters to parents
- Group meetings
- Individual meetings
- Counseling Department Website
- Family Connection
Counselors are involved with students in the following ways to provide resources for career and college preparedness:
- 10th GRADE
- Students take the PSAT (optional, taken in Oct.) and PLAN (practice for the ACT with career/interest survey) in the spring.
- Counselors review results of the PLAN with students.
- Counselors also introduce students to Family Connection – an easy-to-use web application that will help guide students’ academic, and career and college choices, as well as provide them with opportunities for self exploration.
- 11th GRADE
- Counselors review results of the PSAT (optional, taken in Oct.) and ACT test scores including career/interest survey results.
- Counselors further acquaint students with Family Connection, an online college and career information and planning tool.
- Counselors inform juniors and parents about the Michigan Merit Exam to be taken in March.
- During the Junior year there are three open events for students and parents: Junior Parent Night, Exploring College Options, and College Financing Night.
- 12th GRADE
COUNSELOR ASSIGNMENTS 2018 – 2019
|CLASS YEAR||2022 (9th)||2021 (10th)||2020 (11th)||2019 (12th)|
*Mrs. Joelle Williams is the GRCHS Counselor to all students in the International Students Program